Monday, November 15, 2010

Notes from all over

So many people have been supportive of me and my struggle to lose weight.  I have gotten so many notes of encouragement and each one has been special to me.  There are a few responses I have gotten that I wanted to share with you:

The first is a long time friend.  I’ll call her “B”.  She shared with me her personal struggle to lose weight and eat right.  She found that motivation and time are big hurdles for her.  Since she has a family to cook for, she has the battle of trying to eat healthy and prepare things for her family that they like at the same time.  We have decided to become each others “buddy” and encourage each other along.  We have also set a mini weight loss goal between the two of us by Thanksgiving.  So far she is beating me!  Her honesty about her trials has been a great encouragement to me and a reminder that I am not the only one fighting this uphill battle.

Early on I got a note from “L”.    She has known me since I was a little girl and knows that I have always battled my weight.  She wanted to let me know that she had been encouraged by my updates and wanted to start on her own journey along with her daughter.  I was happy to get to share some of the ideas I had learned so far.  Just knowing I could pass some of my new knowledge on to someone was a great feeling.

Just this past Friday, I got an email from “P”.  I have known her since we went to school together in the 7th and 8th grade.  “P” told me that since she has been reading my blog she has dusted off her treadmill and is trying to use it at least 3 times a week.  Way to go, “P”!!  I will make it a point to keep up with “P” and her progress.  Every little baby step makes a big difference!

The last note I want to tell you about was actually a negative comment.  “D” wrote me to tell me how disappointed she was that I supported yoga as a form of exercise.  “D” feels that yoga is a “spiritualist” thing and has no place with her God (her words).  I could not disagree more.  Yoga is a form of exercise that I use occasionally to improve my PHYSICAL body.  To me there is no connection to anything spiritual, other than that I feel I am honoring God by trying to take care of the body He created for me.  I do respect her opinion, but I hope that she can see my view also.  Anything…any activity…can be used by anyone for their dark/evil/sinful desires, but that does NOT mean I have to do the same.  I appreciated this note also, because it helped me to reaffirm for myself what I am doing and what my motivation is.  So thanks, “D” and I still love you!

I love hearing from all of you, weather it is an idea, an opinion, an encouragement or a progress report.  We are all in this together!!

I will be posting my progress (so far) later this week and will also try to get some updated photos taken.  Watch for that update coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment