Sunday, January 2, 2011

First full week of 2011!

Tomorrow starts the first full "normal" week I have had sine the beginning of December.  Between losing my job, being sick, getting through the holidays and Tim's week off things have been CRAZY!  I am actually looking forward to what the week holds for me.  I plan to implement my resolutions by getting back into the gym and back on a regular exercise routine. 

Tim and I spent most of this past week putting down and new kitchen floor and a few other small household projects.  The kitchen floor is done and the baseboards are in place.  My job this week is to putty the screw holes and then to paint them.  Luckily they were primed before they were put in place.  It all looks great and I am excited about my kitchen again!  Maybe it will encourage me to spend more time cooking, since one of my resolutions is for us to eat at home more often.  Since I do not consider myself much of a cook, this is always a challenge!

My trainer is back in town after her vacation, so I will be working out with her again this week.  I did not realize how much I relied on her, so I know now that I need to become a little more self reliant.  As I think about getting my personal trainers certificate, it is good for me to realize how much difference a trainer can make in a client's life.  I hope I can have that kind of relationship with my own clients some day!  In the meantime, I still have a lot to learn and a lot of work ahead to meet my goals this year.

Wednesday night I am meeting with a friend here in Greenville to help her get started on her journey to be healthy and lose weight.  She is a busy mother of three, so her challenges are different than mine.  It will be tough for her to find the time for exercise, so I am really stressing to her to take baby steps and to start slowly.  The last thing you want to do is burn yourself out too quickly or get discouraged right off the bat.  When you have bad days and you mess up, you need to be forgiving to yourself and just start over. Not the next day, but RIGHT NOW.  Anytime is a good time to start eating better and start moving.  If you messed up this morning and had a doughnut, then right this minute is the right time to "start over"!

I hope all of you will find peace and happiness in this new year/  And don't forget to eat your veggies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment