Thursday, October 28, 2010

My persoanl road to health...

I have a very specific reason for starting this blog.  I have set out on a long trip to find my healthy self.  As I have posted my progress on Facebook, I have received quite a few private messages from people who are asking a lot of questions about my journey.  I decided it might be more beneficial to use this venue.  Plus it's just a really cool thing to call myself a blogger!!


Back in July I went to Columbia and stood in line for HOURS to try out for The Biggest Loser.  I actually ended up having a great time, even though I wasn't chosen as a contestant.  Back home in Greenville, I decided that now was the time.  I started thinking more and more about trying to lose weight.  Not just dropping pounds, but being healthy and active. 

Please note that I would NEVER wear this in public
with those gargantuan arms!


My starting (and highest) weight at 252 pounds.
NOT FOR LONG!!


So my journey began officially on August 11, 2010.  In my next few blogs I will catch you up on starting to exercise, learning to eat right and the people who have been, and still are guiding me on the way.  I will try to be honest and transparent about how this journey has changed me and what I am learning about myself.  It won't all be pretty!!  But I feel sure it will have a happy ending!!

No comments:

Post a Comment