Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Back in the saddle????

After 3 long months of self-pity and a give-up attitude, I am back in the saddle...somewhat.  You might remember that December 3rd I lost my job.  I have spent the last three months in a fog.  For a reason I have yet to understand I really let my circumstances get the best of me.  For 3 months previous I had been exercising regularly and losing weight, but I punished myself after my job loss and stopped taking care of myself at all. 

Over the last week or so, something has finally snapped inside me.  Today I was back at the gym and on the treadmill.  I feel like I am getting my "mojo" back and my desire to be active and fit.  So I am taking my own advice from my previous blogs and starting over right this minute.  No beating myself up for what I didn't do that I should have or for the bad things I have been feeding my body.  I am starting fresh today...right now.  It was tough to get back on the treadmill today, but I can tell I am not all the way back to last August, thank goodness, but there is a lot of time to make up for. 

I missed my goal of running a 5K this month, so I am scheduling a new one for the fall.  I'm not sure of the exact date yet, but I'll get that set soon.  I was on the treadmill today, just walking, for about 30 minutes at a 2.7 speed rate.  I plan to build up as quickly as possible to one hour at 3-3.5 speed.  I hope to reach that goal in 3 weeks.  Then I will start running again.  I am also going to be working out with my trainer again.  She has been patient while I worked this all out and has continued to encourage me to not give up completely.  Thanks for that Melissa!

I will try to be better about posting my progress.  I hope some of you who have also been through a tough time can find the "mojo" in you to be good to yourself.  You're worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment